An accurate understanding of the menstrual cycle is a critical foundation for helping your female clients. Whether your patient is dealing with irregularity, abnormal bleeding, PCOS, infertility, or other hormonal disorders, a clear view of hormonal patterns through the menstrual cycle is the first step in developing a successful treatment plan. In this presentation, Dr. Smeaton, a top women’s health and fertility expert, will review how she uses conventional and functional lab testing to evaluate female reproductive hormones throughout the cycle. Attendees will:
· Review the “normal” hormonal cycle and understand how various hormones will shift throughout the cycle
· Obtain an understanding of how and when to measure the various female reproductive hormones
· Understand the pros and cons of serum, urine, and salivary assessment of hormones
· Leave with a clear clinical approach to evaluate menstrual hormones in cycling and postmenopausal females
· Learn what tests Dr. Smeaton prefers to use in her own practice and how she interprets them to extract the most clinical value for her patients
This free course is hosted by Rupa Health — the best way to order, track, and get results from 30+ lab companies in one place.
Rupa reduces the time spent ordering labs by 90% and provides customer service for your patients around lab test collections.